ABOUT CHUCK WASHINGTON
Chuck Washington is an independent voice on the Riverside County Board of Supervisors who works every day to improve the efficiency of local government and protect the quality of life in our neighborhoods.
Chuck’s long history of public service includes serving as both the Mayor and a Councilmember in the City of Temecula (2003-2015) and the Mayor and a Councilmember in the City of Murrieta (1995-2000). As a local elected leader in both cities, Chuck expanded funding for public safety, created new programs to help kids succeed, increased transparency at City Hall, and prioritized the maintenance of infrastructure and the needs of residents during periods of unprecedented population growth.
Chuck’s record of community involvement also includes having served on the board of directors of the Temecula Community Services District, Western Riverside Council of Governments, Riverside County Airport Land Use Commission, Temecula Chamber of Commerce, Boys and Girls Club, Habitat for Humanity of Inland Valleys, Temecula Economic Development Corporation, and Inland Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
Upon graduating from college, Chuck served as a Navy Officer and pilot. Following his military service, he worked as a commercial airline pilot with Delta Airlines for 24 years. He later served as the Vice President of a local bank.
Chuck holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and a Masters Degree in Public Administration. He and his wife, Kathy, have been married for over 45 years and own a small business in Temecula. They have one adult daughter, Lindsey, a son-in-law, Elliott, a granddaughter, Charlie and a grandson, Kellen.
On the Issues
- Supported measures to apprehend and prosecute gang members, track sex offenders, protect drug-endangered children, continue neighborhood watch programs, and fight human trafficking.
- Is leading the fight to increase the number of deputies on patrol in Riverside County.
- Supported construction of a new county jail that will help prevent early release of prisoners.
- Served on the city council and as mayor of one of the safest cities in America.
- On the Murrieta City Council, Chuck added cops to ranks, worked to add a 3rd firefighter per engine, and pushed to purchase land to build police station.
- In Temecula, Chuck upgraded all fire engines to decrease response time.
- Helped keep children safe by working with the school district to fund Student Resource Officers who strive to keep our high school and middle school campuses safe.
- Sponsored an ordinance that banned synthetic drugs such as spice, and bath salts, throughout the county.
- By balancing budgets, opposing tax hikes and saving tax dollars, Chuck has protected taxpayers and helped attract new businesses to the region.
- Balanced every city budget during his four years on the Murrieta City Council and his eleven years on the Temecula Council.
- Implemented reforms to prevent the use of Supervisor’s discretionary funds to advance their political careers or agenda.
- During Chuck’s tenure on Temecula City Council the city has been ranked in the top ten in the state as “least expensive to do business in.”
By focusing local government on strengthening our local economy, Chuck has helped create over 50,000 jobs.
- Led efforts to establish Temecula’s business incubator, the Temecula Valley Entrepreneur Exchange (TVE2). TVE2 supports the development of new jobs and innovation by accelerating the successful development of small businesses through an array of support resources and services.
- On the Temecula City Council, cut red tape and sped the permitting process – taking a city plagued by complaints to one of the most business-friendly in the county.
- As County Supervisor, funded the fast track approval process to make it easier to create new jobs in the county.
- Funded the Riverside County Economic Development Agency (EDA) to make business expansion and relocation easier by assisting in employee recruitment and training efforts.
- Chuck Washington was a Chamber of Commerce director/liaison at the beginning of the Temecula Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau formation, known as Visit Temecula Valley. He has continued to support the tourism industry that now represents $696 million in travel spending for Temecula and provides nearly 7,400 jobs in Temecula.
- Led successful efforts to bring Cal-State San Marcos State to Temecula by pulling $3 million together to turn an old elementary school into an extension campus. This effort created local education jobs while allowing southwest Riverside County students to gain an education and degree without leaving the region.
- Funded the Riverside County Workforce Investment Board which runs the One Stop Career Centers and the Riverside County Workforce Development Centers that are the hub of the county-wide service services on workforce development.
- Chuck is leading efforts to reduce traffic congestion in Southwest Riverside County.
- As a 15-year representative and Chair of the Western Riverside Council of Governments, Chuck played an integral role in establishing and maintaining a program that added freeway lanes and new off ramps as part of $4.5 billion in improvements to the western county road network program.
- Is working to improve traffic flow by adding thru lanes and turn lanes along Winchester, Ynez, Margarita, Temecula, Parkway, Pechanga Parkway, and Butterfield Stage as well as an additional southbound lane and off ramp on I-15.
Cash on hand at the close of the filing period is $140K Contact: Cameron Wessel firstname.lastname@example.org Riverside County, CA – Riverside…
Supervisor Washington Receives Inaugural Family Justice Award by TVBJ Michael A. Hestrin Award Highlights Washington’s Support for ‘Safe Alternatives for…
3rd District Supervisor Chuck Washington Elected to Two Key Leadership Roles Riverside County Supervisor Chuck Washington will serve on the…
ENDORSEMENTS AND SUPPORTERS
Chuck is proud to have the endorsements and support from community leaders and elected officials from all around the district.
- Former Riverside County Supervisor John Tavaglione
- Former Riverside County Supervisor Marion Ashley
- Riverside County Supervisor Tom Mullen (ret.) and Cathy Mullen
- Former Assemblyman/State Senator Dave Kelley
- Former Senator Bill Emmerson
- Former Riverside Mayor Ron Loveridge
|Hemet Mayor Bonnie Wright
Hemet Council Member Linda Krupa
Hemet Unified School District Trustee Jim Smith
Former Hemet Mayor Lori Van Arsdale
Former Hemet Police Chief Richard Dana
San Jacinto Mayor Andrew Kotyuk
San Jacinto Mayor Pro-Tem Scott Miller
San Jacinto Councilman Alonzo Ledezma
Hemet Police Officers’ Association
Hemet Firefighters Association, Local 2342
Matt & Anita Brudin
Pete & Suzon Capparelli
Todd & Debra Foutz
Brian & Michelle Fox
|Eric & Gisela Gosch
Connie Lynn Hall
Hamilton & Kimberly Jones
William & Elena Kern
Mike & Mary Moreland
Dr. S. Nakka
Chip & Gail Polvoorde
Ella Mae Record
Howard & Margaret Rosenthal
Calvin L. Smith
Mike & Julie Venable
|Temecula Councilman Mike Naggar
Former Temecula Mayor Jeff Comerchero
Former Temecula Councilman Michael McCracken
Kelly Aldhadeff Black
Steven & Barbara Bien
Garth Blumenthal-MB Temecula
Rob & Lacey Britton
David & Loie Butterfield
Andy & Cindy Domenigoni
Kenneth & Christine Falik
Charles “Rocky” Hill
Gregg and Nancy Hughes
Murrieta Fire Fighters Association
Murrieta Police Officers Association
Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians
Pechanga Tribal Council
|John & Kim Kelliher
Mark Lobb, Esq
Connie Hall Lynch
Sheldon & Susan Lytton
Ed & Jan Manske
Jim & Malinda Margiotta
Michael & Mischelle Meadors
James and Dorothy Meyler
Mike & Hennie Monteleone
Maj. General Claude Reinke, USMC (ret)
Temecula Winegrowers Association
Michael & Rosa Thesing
Sam & Alice Yoo
Won and Insook Yoo
CA Apartment Association
Nachhattar Singh Chandi
Darren Chin – Standard Portfolio
Bill, Paul, Richard and Mary Cramer
The Delijani Family
Drs Prahbu & Prahba Dhalla
Dr. Thomas and Salma Haider
Wayne and Nancy Kiley
Don and Sue Kojima
Richard and Randall Lewis
Albert A. Webb & Associates
Riverside Sheriff’s Association
|Riverside County Deputy District Attorneys Association
CAL FIRE Local 2881 Riverside District VI
LIUNA Local 777
Steve Viss and Steve Ludwig
Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 364
Duane and Kelly Roberts (“Keepers of the Mission Inn”)
Robertson;s Ready Mix
Riverside County BIA
So Cal Pipetrades District 16
Steve Vliss & Steve Ludwig – Highpoint Communities
The Southwest Riverside County Association of Realtors®
International Union of Operating Engineers